The Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Expert will take lead in planning and implementing the TVET Programme strategies and ensure that the set objectives are met through the effective and efficient monitoring of TVET Programmes activities as well as capacity building support to Concern staff and its Local NGO partners
Duties and Responsibilities
- To develop capacity building plan for TVET institutions in coordination with Local NGO partner. These include development of ToRs for mapping and capacity building of TVET institutions, selection of consultant and facilitate this study in target districts.
- To introduce new potential trades (demand-driven), vocational and skill development trainings flexible and oriented towards increasingly serving the poor and disadvantaged in target districts and capacity building of trainers/instructors. These include development of ToRs for market survey and value chain analysis, selection of consultant and facilitate consultant to carry out this study in target districts.
- To provide technical support to Local NGO partners in identification and selection of well reputed public and private Technical & Vocational Education & Training (TVET) institutes for vocational skill development of target groups. These include meeting negotiations and Signing MoUs for provision of trainings in target districts.
- Develop appropriate relationships with partner organizations, offering support as required without being directive; and being open to two-way learning.
- To take lead in developing guidelines/SoPs for the implementation of TVET activities and harmonize methodologies among local NGO partners with the participation of these partners.
- To carry out frequent field visits, monitor and support on-going trainings in target district and ensure the quality of training is up to the agreed standard.
- Conduct periodic reviews with Concern and partners staff to track the progress towards achievement of planned activities specific results mentioned in result framework.
- To co-ordinate and liaise with government line departments/ministries, TVET institutions, UN/ INGOs, CSOs and other relevant stakeholders to involve them in project activities, take their assistance and support and also update them on progress of project activities.
- Supporting Baluchistan Program in developing and reviewing proposals submitted by CONCERN to different donor
- To act as focal point for documentation, sharing best practices, case studies, high quality reports, photos, lesson learnt achieved and other program documents in TVET Program.
- Attend partner progress and review events and contribute to future programmatic priorities while ensuring that the problem arising are timely resolved and documented.
- Together with Balochistan Programme team and partners, ensure mainstreaming of HIV&AIDS, Gender and DRR in the overall planning, implementation and management of the Livelihoods programmes.
- Be prepared at short notice to undertake appropriate duties assigned by Concern management related to development and emergencies program.
TVET- Specialist will closely work with Balochistan PM/PO, Livelihood Specialist; coordinate with MER Specialist/Coordinator, Grant Specialist/Coordinator and Program Support Officer within Concern World Wide
TVET- Specialist will primarily work with LNGO partners TVET staff; coordinate with TVET (district and Provincial) Institutions, UN/INGOs, Government Departments and national level relevant institutions/research academies
Required Experience, Skills and Qualification
- At least 8-10 years of experience in development sector.
- At least 5 years of experience in working in TVET sector.
- Master degree in Economics, MBA, Agriculture economics, advanced studies in enterprise development and/or social sciences.
- Good understanding of the livelihoods security framework in context of rural Pakistan
- Practical experience of design, implementation & monitoring of livelihoods projects.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and appropriate local/Pashto/Urdu languages, and ability to communicate with people at different levels and from a various background.
- Required academic/professional qualifications, training and experience
- Excellent track record of working in TVETs operational areas.
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Awareness of Gender issues
- Excellent facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Flexible, adaptable, with sense of humor, patience and most importantly initiative -taker
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.