Reporting to MER Specialist, the MER Coordinator is responsible to provide technical support on monitoring, evaluation and research to Concern programmes in Pakistan. In line with Concern Worldwide PM&E Guidelines, s/he is responsible to contribute in design and operationalize a participatory M&E system that is based on evidence of good practice and meets Concerns requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support to MER Specialist to ensure compliance with Concern PME Guidelines throughout the country programme and to ensure that guidance is available for any PME related task based on the PME guide. Provide support to the programme managers in ensuring compliance with PM&E guidelines by the local NGO partners.
- Take lead in designing, implementation and reporting of research studies, baselines, reviews and evaluations in close coordination with the programme managers.
- Initiate process in consultation with provincial team to identify M&E areas of improvement and roll-out training programmes for Concern and partner staff on M&E processes, concepts, tools & techniques.
- Supervise MIS assistant for managing the online information management system, and make sure that partners and provincial offices provide data on timely basis
- Foster participatory M&E system within the organization (at central & provincial levels) with the active involvement of all the stakeholders that the information/data is recorded from all the provinces/projects, analyzed and user friendly reports are generated for internal (Concern) and external (donors, government, clusters etc.) usage.
- Support the provincial teams to ensure that M&E plans are in place and operational for all the on-going projects/programmes. Assist provincial teams/partners in developing appropriate tools for the monitoring of Concern supported work.
- Support to establish and effectively roll-out data capture tools and procedures, to enable accurate and timely monitoring and reporting on the projects as per Concern and donor guidance. Take lead in data analysis, documenting and utilizing data for programme/project reports.
- Support in cross-organizational learning, which includes providing information, guidelines, lessons learned, and user-friendly learning tools on M&E
- Review monitoring reports, analyze them for impact evaluation and to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation.
- Identify the need and draw up the TORs for specific project studies/Evaluation.
- Any other duties assigned by the line manager.
Special Circumstances/Emergency Response:
The MER Coordinator may be called upon as part of his/her roles and responsibilities to participate in and/ or provide support to emergency response situations when and where required in consultation with his/her line manager.
Liaises with: All Concern staff, all partner staff and other stakeholders as necessary.
- Post graduate or higher qualification preferably in relevant subject (Research, Monitoring & Evaluation, Social Sciences)
- Minimum 5 years experience in designing and implementing quantitative and qualitative researches with an international NGO and/or research organization.
- Strong background in statistical analysis and complex survey design
- Experience in designing and implementing evaluations and reviews
- Demonstrated data management and analysis experience
- Experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Research preferably with an international NGO
- Sound knowledge of research ethics and principles
- Excellent capacity building and facilitation skills