The PO is responsible for assisting the BPM in designing, managing, monitoring and evaluating programmes. The PO will provide support to partners to effectively mainstream and monitor cross cutting themes like equality, prevention of gender based violence, disaster risk reduction and HIV and AIDS across the programmes. The PO will also be responsible to provide effective support to partners in the area of livelihoods in our programmes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist and support the BPM in the development of new concept papers and proposals in accordance with Concern policies, strategies, frameworks and Pakistans Country Strategic Plan; and that cross-cutting themes are mainstreamed.
- Act as a focal point for the implementation of PM&E (Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation) guidelines.
- Develop and implement a monitoring and evaluation system in collaboration with partners to measure the results and impact of Concern interventions
- Provide support to the team in meeting high programmatic standards in terms of design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation through Concern Worldwides Project Cycle Management System, Humanitarian Accountability Partnership and Programme Quality Guidelines and PME Framework.
- Develop appropriate relationships with partner organizations, offering support as required without being directive; and being open to two-way learning.
- Facilitate training programmes and capacity building activities for partner organizations, Concern staff and other stakeholders as required.
- Support the partners in the development and implementation FIM (Food Income and Markets) programmes.
- Network and liaise with other relevant agencies and stakeholders to represent Concern in area(s) of expertise; and more broadly as required by BPM.
- To act as a focal point for documentation and communication, which will include producing high quality reports, proposals, case studies, photos and other programme documents.
- Promote and ensure compliance with the requirements of Concern's Programme Participants Protection Policy and Humanitarian Accountability Partnership to ensure maximum protection to programme beneficiaries.
- Provide appropriate support to programme team and partners in mainstreaming cross cutting themes mainly equality, prevention of GBV, DRR and HIV and AIDS in Balochistan programme.
- Be prepared at short notice to undertake appropriate duties assigned by Concern management related to development and emergency programmes.
- Minimum 4 years practical experience in programme management, preferably with international NGOs
- Relevant degree and post graduate qualifications
- Extensive experience in NGO sector
- Excellent practical knowledge of, and commitment to, participatory approaches to community development
- Understanding of rights-based approaches to programming
- Good capacity in community mobilization and a knowledge of participatory approach in project implementation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and appropriate local language, and ability to communicate with people at different levels and from a various backgrounds
- Ability to work in a systematic and organized manner and within deadlines
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Flexible, adaptable, sense of humor, patience and most importantly initiative
- Willingness to travel to remote parts of Balochistan, and to other parts of the country in case of an emergency.
- Excellent computing skills, including excel, word, PowerPoint and electronic mail
- Commitment to capacity building processes, people first principles and working with the poorest and most marginal members of society.
- Excellent facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Awareness of gender issues
- Ability to work under pressure often to strict deadlines
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and actions