Reporting to the MER Specialist and closely working with Concern provincial staff and local NGO partners, the MER Officer is responsible to assist in design and operationalization of participatory M&E system in line with Concern Worldwide PM&E Guidelines. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Special Circumstances/Emergency Response:
- Assist MER Specialist in the development of M&E Plans for projects/programmes and ensure that M&E plans are operational for all the on-going projects/programmes.
- Assist provincial teams/partners in developing appropriate tools for the monitoring of Concern supported work.
- Develop and ensure the adherence of implementation plan for M&E activities.
- Provide hands on capacity building support to local partners M&E staff to ensure compliance with Concern PM&E requirements.
- When required, conduct field visits to project sites to carry out process monitoring as well as gather feedback from the beneficiary community about the implemented projects and submit a detail report about the activities.
- Contribute in the design and conduct of annual reviews, MTRs and end evaluation exercises for projects/programmes
- Supervise MIS assistant in managing online information management system, and make sure that partners and provincial offices provide data on timely basis
- Support to establish and effectively roll-out data capture tools and procedures, to enable accurate and timely monitoring and reporting on the projects as per Concern and donor guidance.
- Take lead in data analysis, documenting and utilizing data for programme/project reports.
- Any other duties assigned by the line manager.
The MER Officer may be called upon as part of his/her roles and responsibilities to participate in and/ or provide support to emergency response situations when and where required in consultation with his/her line manager. Liaises with:
All Concern staff, All partner staff and other stakeholders as necessary.
- Sixteen Year education preferably in social sciences (Economics, Sociology and Anthropology)
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Research preferably with an international NGO
- Strong background in statistical analysis and data management
- Experience in facilitation of evaluation and reviews
- Proven experience in capacity building and facilitation skills