JOB PURPOSE / SUMMARY
Junior Finance Assistant (JFA) will enable the smooth operation of the finance activities, maintains records, support finance officer in overall management of finance resources, monitoring and financial controls. S/he will ensure that the Concern Worldwide financial policies and procedures are implemented in a standardized manner and in true spirit.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Bookkeeping and Financial Reporting
Management of financial resources by doing receipts & payments, bank accounts operations
1. Updating of books on daily basis.
2. Clearance of floats on timely bases as per financial policies.
3. Submission of month end as per agreed time to FO for review.
4. Doing bank reconciliation on monthly basis of all Islamabad accounts.
5. Maintains bank and cash balance as standard balance.
JFA will coordinate with Islamabad Admin/Programme/HR/IT for monthly cash forecast and submit to FO for final review
1. Sufficient funds are available all times in Islamabad Office accounts.
2. Collect cash forecast from other department (HR, Admin, Transport, and Programme).
3. Review of cash forecast and forward to FO as per agreed timelines.
JFA will update the financial record and file properly.
1. Maintaining of neat and tidy finance files that must be updated on timely basis.
2. Keep track/list of previous years finance files.
Deposit of Tax on timely basis.
1. Deposit of tax as per tax laws (Supplies, Services, Salary).
2. Ensure that Islamabad & all field Offices tax reports/statements are uploaded on FBR website.
Assist in asset verification and updating record in MGP.
1. Update fixed assets record on monthly basis in MGP.
2. Assist in Assets verification.Required Skills
- Partly qualified from ICMAP Stage-II, ICAP-Foundation, ACCA Part I, MBA Finance, M. Com
- At least one year work experience preferably in NGO sector.
- Must be computer literate with a comprehensive knowledge of MS Excel & accounting packages.
- Good communication & team building skills.
- Near to Qualified professional accountants will be preferred.
- Knowledge of development issues & concepts.
- Experience of working in an insecure environment.
Special Skills, Aptitude or Personality Requirements
- Active team player.
- Adaptable and flexible. Willing to travel to remote field areas with basic living conditions.
- Ability to regulate own time and perform to deadlines.
- Command of MS Office.
- Experience on accounting programmes will be a plus.
- Capacity building and training skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Basic report writing skills.
- Basic analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have good prioritization skills with reasonable decision making abilities. Concern as a humanitarian organization responds to emergencies which may affect routine work.
- Responsibility to manage transaction volume of around 6 - 10 million Euro per annum.
- Ensure best value of money and facilitate process to improve accountability to beneficiaries and donors (HAP).
- Junior Finance Assistant will work within financial delegation framework of Concern Worldwide Pakistan Programme. Authorized to detect and report frauds cases to the senior management as per anti-fraud policy.
- Concern Worldwide Pakistan Programme, like other INGOs working in Pakistan, some time has to operate in risky environment/areas. Concern has security management plan to deal with threats and to minimize the risk.